How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Homemade Recipes
Homemade hair masks and rinses are often the best treatments for getting long hair fast. Simple and effective recipes you can make in your own kitchen are made with easy-to-find ingredients like eggs, bananas, olive oil and honey. Here are some recipes for you to try at home.
- Gather an egg, banana, one teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of milk, and five teaspoons of olive oil. If you’re not able to use olive oil, you can replace this with any oil you have on hand. Mix the ingredients up well, and then massage the mask onto your scalp and hair. Leave the mask on your hair for 25 minutes before you shampoo and condition.
- For a conditioning mask that keeps your hair healthy, combine equal parts honey to olive oil, and then massage onto the hair and scalp. You will leave the mask on for about 25 minutes before shampooing and conditioning as usual.
- Strawberries aren’t only good in pie! Blend an egg yolk, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one cup of strawberries together in a food processor. Apply it to your entire head of hair, and soak for 15 minutes before continuing your normal shampoo and conditioning routine.
- Organic hair rinses like those made with equal parts water and apple cider vinegar will clear any residue left over from shampoos, conditioners or hair products. By using these, you will also remove dead skin, and promote hair growth by removing the debris around the hair follicles.
- A hot oil treatment from a salon or at home will improve blood circulation for healthy hair growth. To begin, heat the oil of your choice in the microwave for 35 seconds. Massage your scalp for a few minutes with olive oil, castor oil, rosemary oil, coconut oil, or even vegetable oil. Massage for a few minutes, and then shampoo and condition as usual.